DESCRIPTION(last modified February 19, 2017 )
The original Dijon tram network opened in 1888 (initial horse tram); electrification took place in 1891. Tram service was finally closed in 1961.
The first modern line (T1) opened on 01-09-2012, followed soon by the second line (T2) on 08-12-2012. T1 runs from east-west from Quatigny to Dijon-Gare, T2 runs north-south from Valmy to Chenove; they share a common section from Republique to Dijon Gare.
The current tram network connects Bordeaux city centre with Bourroches and Junot agglomerations; it also serves crucial urban polarities, such as
railway station, hospital (CHU), Auditorium and university.
HISTORY(last modified February 19, 2017 )
|1888||first horse tram line||--|
|1961||tram network closure||--|
|01-09-2012||tram reopened: Quetigny-Gare||T1|
(last modified February 19, 2017 )
Single line length (Km)
Single line stops
Single line avg. distance (km)
Total track length (km)
Total network stops
Avg. stop net distance (km)
750 V overhead
Type of guide/gauge
standard gauge rails (1435 mm)