DESCRIPTION(last modified February 19, 2017 )
Malmo tram opened in 1887 (horse tram) and it was electrified in 1907.
In 1967 Sweden switched the road sense of running from left to right, which involved important consequencies on the tram routes; the number of "left hand" tram lines was reduced, but some of this routes continued to be in service until 1973 (year of the final closure of the tram network).
One original tram line was restored in 1987; it's operated as an heritage/touristic tram service (only on sunday -occasionally on saturday- during the summer), running from Malmohus slott (Malmo castle) to Stadsbiblioteket (in the hearth of the historical town).
HISTORY(last modified February 19, 2017 )
|1887||initial horse tram opening||--|
|1973||tram network closure||--|
|1987||tram reopened||heritage/museum tram|
(last modified February 19, 2017 )
Single line length (Km)
Single line stops
Single line avg. distance (km)
Total track length (km)
Total network stops
Avg. stop net distance (km)
standard gauge rails (1435 mm)