DESCRIPTION(last modified February 19, 2017 )
Orleans tram opened in 1877 (initial horse tram); it was electrified in 1899. The original tram network was closed in 1938.
The first modern tram line (Tram A/Line 1) opened on November 2000; its north-south route serves the low density southern suburbs (developed during years '60s), La Source tertiary district, the exhibition center, the university, the hospital and the city centre. The track runs mostly in reserved lanes, with limited sections on road traffic.
The second line (Tram B/Line 2) opened on June 2012. Its east-west route connects the city centre with relevant residential areas such as Saint-Jean-de-Braye (east of Orleans), Saint Jean de la Ruelle (west of Orleans) and la Chapelle Saint Mesmin (west of Orleans).
Tram A/Line 1 and Tram B/Line 2 interchange at De Gaulle stop (city centre).
HISTORY(last modified February 19, 2017 )
|1877||initial horse tram opening||--|
|1938||tram network closure||--|
|20-11-2000||Jules Verne-Hopital de la Source||Line 1|
|02-06-2012||Georges Pompidou-Clos du Hameau||Line 2|
(last modified February 19, 2017 )
Single line length (Km)
Single line stops
Single line avg. distance (km)
Total track length (km)
Total network stops
Avg. stop net distance (km)
750 V DC overhead
Type of guide/gauge
standard gauge rails (1435 mm)
Tram A:Citadis 301
Tram B:Citadis 302
KEOLIS ORLEANS VAL DE LOIRE
APS/Alimentation Par Sol system on part of the track