DESCRIPTION(last modified February 19, 2017 )
Tenerife first electric tram opened in 1901; the original tram network was closed in 1951.
The first line (Line 1) of the modern Tranvia de Tenerife opened on 2 June 2007, connecting Intercambiador de Transportes de Santa Cruz with Avenida de la Trinidad de La Laguna. The track runs inside the capital town (Santa Cruz), serving some of the main urban polarities, such as Canarie and Nuestra Senora de La Candelaria Hospitals, Taco, La Cuesta and La Laguna university campus. Line 2 opened on 30 May 2009, connecting Tincer with La Cuesta; it shares El Cardonal-Hospital Universitario section with Line 1.
Line 1 and Line 2 run in reserved lanes (segregated from road traffic).
HISTORY(last modified February 19, 2017 )
|1901||initial tram section opening||--|
|1951||tram network closure||--|
|02-06-2007||La Trinidad-Intercambiador||Line 1|
|30-05-2009||Tincer-La Cuesta||Line 2|
(last modified February 19, 2017 )
Single line length (Km)
Single line stops
Single line avg. distance (km)
Total track length (km)
Total network stops
Avg. stop net distance (km)
750 V DC overhead
standard gauge rails (1435 mm)
METROPOLITANO DE TENERIFE, SOCIEDAD ANONIMA (MTSA)